April 22, 2013

Our Words...

Proverbs 12:18 (NIRV) says, "Thoughtless words cut like a sword. But the tongue of wise people brings healing." This verse of scripture reminds me of the Sunday School song: ♪♫ "Be careful little mouth what you say...for the Father up above is looking down in love...so be careful little mouth what you say." Proverbs 16:24 (NIRV) says, "Pleasant words are like honey. They are sweet to the spirit and bring healing to the body." There is something so great about good tasting honey. I love to sit down to a cup of hot tea sweetened with my North Dakota Honey. It is so soothing and relaxing. Our words should be the same way. Like Ephesians 4:29 (KJV) says, "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." I bet you never thought of how we use our words to be a ministry to others. Pleasant, edifying words bring healing and minister grace to those that hear them. I pray that my words can be like this...so that I can make a difference in the lives around me for God. ♥

No comments: