April 19, 2013

Fit For This Calling...

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 (KJV), "Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:  That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ."

When I read this scripture, so many things stuck out I my mind.  I was reminded of the class I took once "$0 Days In The Word".  I started to read the verse back to myself and make it personal.  Example, "I pray always that you, God, would count me worthy of this calling, and to fulfill all the good pleasure of your goodness, and the  work of faith with power.  Lord that you will be glorified in me and I in you, according to your grace."

Oh how I want to be worthy of the calling he has on our lives.  To be worthy in this verse means, "fit or right".  The Merriam-Webster Thesaurus defines worthy as follows:  having sufficient worth, invaluable, treasured.  

I want Him to fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness in my life.  In other words, I want Him to fill me full of uprightness of heart and life.  I want my heart to be right....I want my attitudes, speech, attire and actions to be right in His eyes.  

I really like the phrase, "work of faith with power".  I want my faith to work in such a way that it is full of the power of God.  I eant my faith to be great as a result of the power of God in my life.  

Why do I want all these things in my life?  So that HE can be gloried in all that I do.  So that His grace can be clearly seen in my life on a daily basis.

No comments: