July 7, 2012

My verse today...

I prayed this morning and asked the Lord for a verse that would encourage me.  And, when I opened my email, one of my favorite verses was right in front of me.  Isaiah 41:10 (ASV), "Fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

We often think of fear as being afraid of something or someone.  But, some of the synonyms of fear are bother, worry, fret or trouble.  Now when we think of fear in those terms, it covers a wide spectrum. 

Sometimes God has to remind me not to be bothered by certain things, not to worry or fret about some things and not to be troubled by certain things.  He reminds me to trust him to be the strength, help and righteousness that I need to stay strong.

Thank you, Lord for your Word.  It is a light unto my path day in and day out.  <3

No comments: