July 5, 2012

Above everything else...

Proverbs 4:23-27 NIRV-ENG, "Above everything else, guard your heart.  It is where your life comes from.  Don't speak with twisted words.  Keep evil talk away from your lips.  Let your eyes look straight ahead.  Keep looking right in front of you.  Make level paths for your feet to walk on.  Only go on ways that are firm.  Don't turn to the right or left.  Keep your feet from the path of evil."

There was a song that came to mind when I read these verses this morning.  "The Call" by Anointed.  The chorus goes like this:  "For the sake of the call I am laying down my all.  No turning back.  Moving straight ahead.  I’m on the right track.   And it’s all for the sake of the call."

I want to stay on the level, firm paths.  And, above all else I want to guard my heart.  My life, emotionally, spiritually & physically, depends upon that important aspect.  <3   

No comments: