June 5, 2014

Don't Be Deceived! Keep Planting Good Seeds!

Galatians 6:7-9 (MSG), " Don't be misled: No one makes a fool of God. What a person plants, he will harvest. The person who plants selfishness, ignoring the needs of others - ignoring God! - harvests a crop of weeds. All he'll have to show for his life is weeds! But the one who plants in response to God, letting God's Spirit do the growth work in him, harvests a crop of real life, eternal life.  So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit."   
It can be so easy to allow ourselves to get distracted.  Sometimes we get of the focal point, God, and start looking at how others aren't lining up with the Word of God.  Other times, we just get so fed up with the chaos, prejudice and sinful things of our world.  But, we cannot be deceived.  We must stay focused on God and His Word. 
 
The word "deceived" is translated in the Greek Lexicon as follows:
  1. to cause to stray, to lead astray, lead aside from the right way
  2. to go astray, wander, roam about
  3. to lead away from the truth, to lead into error, to deceive
  4. to be led into error
  5. to be led aside from the path of virtue, to go astray, sin
  6. to sever or fall away from the truth of heretics
  7. to be led away into error and sin
When we get our focus off of God and onto others or the circumstances around us, we are being led astray.  The devil will use what ever or whom ever he can to deceive us.  He will whisper things into our ears, planting a seed of negative thoughts.  It is imperative, we must stay focused, no matter how difficult it maybe. 
 
God cannot be outsmarted, fooled or ignored.  We WILL be held responsible for our actions.  And, what ever you plant in the garden of  your life, WILL reap a harvest.  And, if we plant weeds, or unrighteous attributes,  those weeds will eventually choke out all the good things planted in your life.
 
So if we think our "half-hearted worship, just doing the bare-minimum and I still go to church" mentality is going to keep you on the right track...we are sadly mistaken.  Matthew 22:37 says, "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."  If we are totally committed to loving God with ALL our heart, soul and mind...
  1. It would not be problem to worship Him with everything that is within us, not caring about who sees us. 
  2. We would not have a problem with following His Word and loving His commandments and principles. 
  3. We would get involved in church and being a witness and example to those around us.  
 ~ Too often Christians want to be satisfied with just doing the bare-minimum to get into heaven.  I don't want to get in by the "skin of my teeth"!  I want to be totally committed, withholding nothing, giving myself to Him and His work.  I'm human, therefore I will make mistakes.  But, I want to be in-tune with God enough and repentant enough to know and own-up to my mistakes so that I can correct them and get right with God.  I want to plant seeds in the garden of my life that produce good fruits.   I'm not in this thing to look good or be praised.  For me, it's a necessity.  It's a way of life.  He has blessed me in SO many ways.  And, I want to repay Him by giving myself back to Him, living totally committed and worshipping with every thing that is within me. 
 
 "My Soul Desire", this song tells it all:
Lord, when you placed your hands upon me
I knew that I would never be the same
For in that moment I became your servant
And since that day, I only have one aim

Chorus:
My soul desire is to be used
An empty vessel longing to be filled by You
My soul desire is to serve You Lord
To do your perfect will
To work each day and build
Your Kingdom, this is my soul desire.

Lord, I do not seek to claim the glory
I only wish to be under your control
For I know that you alone are worthy
And it’s You who placed this longing in my soul
 

No comments: