May 17, 2013

The Lord Is At Hand!

Philippians 4:4-8
4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say , Rejoice .
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds * through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

It isn't always easy to rejoice at all times.  But the scriptures says to rejoice IN THE LORD alway.  Now that is a lot easier to do.  No matter I am faced with, I know that God is in control because I completely trust Him.  And, when I have concerns or questions, I know exactly who to turn to and unload my burdens upon. So, I can be glad and joyful in Him at all times because whether I am going through a valley or climbing a mountain, He is by my side and ready to assist me at a moments notice.  

The Lord is coming back so soon.  I know that we've heard that for years.  But, I believe it now more than ever.  So, it is important to live our lives in moderation before all.  Just what does moderation mean?  The Greek Lexicon defines it as gentle & patient (enduring without complaining).  The Thesaurus list these words as synonyms:  temperance, balance, calmness, fairness, poise, quiet & restraint.  Now that may seems like an awful lot of things to remember to be.  We cannot be perfect, but we can strive to be all these things.  We will make mistakes...everyone does.  But, having a repentant heart and striving to be like Him is important.  Our lives can be an awesome testimony of God if we live in moderation.

There is no need to worry about anything.  But, in every thing that we go through learn to pray about it.  But remember to have an attitude of thanksgiving.  God already knows everything about us.  But, when we learn to go to Him, we begin to trust and rely on Him more and more.  

Rejoicing in Him, living in moderation and praying about everything will bring about a peace from God, that is beyond our comprehension, to guard & protect our hearts and minds.  There are so many things and attitudes that can enter our thought process and end up infecting our hearts.  But, when the peace of God reigns there...those things will be pushed out by the power of Jesus.

Finally, we need to think on things that bring blessing in our lives.  Things that are true (truthful), honest (honorable), just (upright, virtuous & righteous), pure (chaste, modest & clean), lovely (acceptable & pleasing), good report (accounts/stories that are good in nature), virtue (purity, modesty & moral goodness), and praise (admiration & approval).  

I may not be prefect...and I may make my share of mistakes in life...but more than anything, I want to live my life in a way that shines brightly for Him.  And, I want my heart to be ready for when He comes to take me home to Heaven.  ♥ 


No comments: