May 19, 2013

A Conduit...

A conduit is "a pipe, tube, or the like, for conveying water or other fluid."  (dictionary.com) 

Something so common and elementary to think about.  A conduit.  A conduit carries water.  It can carry electricity.  It allows something to flow from one area to another.  Some may know already where my thoughts are taking me on this one.  

When we receive the Holy Ghost, as it says in Acts 1:8, we receive power.  A Godly, supernatural power.  And, one thing that I pray every service I attend..."God let me be a conduit of your power & anointing."   I don't want to go to church and just sit on a pew and be a spectator.  I want God's power to flow through me and use me for HIS glory.  It is not about "Hey! Look at me."  It is ALL about allowing myself to be used by GOD to help and bless someone else.  And, I am just in awe that a great, big God would hear that little prayer and answer it.  I KNOW the great things He can do.  In John 14:12, Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."  The Message translation says, "The person who trusts me will not only do what I'm doing but even greater things, because I, on my way to the Father, am giving you the same work to do that I've been doing. You can count on it."   I believe the things He can do...I've read about them in the Word and I've seen them.  Just a few weeks ago, I witnessed the power of God flow over someone and heal them...I saw it with my own eyes.  I have seen and indented injury come back out and turn into a scratch.  I know someone who lived for a week after her appendix burst and then to find out that the toxins had been contained in a little sac that had formed around the burst appendix.  Even the doctor was amazed she was still alive.  I want to go on and do great things for HIM...and all the while shouting out the glory, honor & praise to HIM.

Today, as some may know, is Pentecost Sunday.  Read Acts chapter 2 and you will read the account of God pouring out the Holy Ghost to those eagerly waiting for the  promise of God.  And, this morning at church we had an AWESOME presence of God in our midst.  We sang the song:  "There is power in the name of Jesus...to break every chain..."   Like it was said this morning, God was weaving in and out among the people.  I am SO thankful to know truth...it has set me free.  I am SO thankful to know the Almighty God of the universe.

  

No comments: