June 23, 2012

I Love Road Trips!

This picture was one I took on our spontaneous road trip this past August.  We went and spent a week in condo in Red River, NM.  I felt like I was in heaven being in the mountains for a week!   I could honestly build a log cabin in the mountains and live comfortably with no problem at all.  

Spontaneity is my husband's thing.  Me, I like to plan it out (to a point).  Though I do like the adventures in a spontaneous trip also.  But, this year, we are taking a trip to El Paso.  We haven't been down to El Paso since our son was 10 days old.  And, he will be 10 years old in a few months.  We will be spending time with my Uncle Ronnie & Aunt Cheryl.  They pastor Apostolic Temple there in El Paso.  It will be nice to be in church with them on July 1st.   Since the last time we were there, my cousins have since moved back to El Paso.  So, we are looking forward to seeing them too.  

So, as the excitement builds and the countdown dwindles down, we are making lists and checking them to make sure that we don't forget anything.  I am thankful for such great neighbors who will be watching over the "homestead" while we are gone.  And, knowing them they will be "well-armed" as they watch it.  Plus, we will have it put on a watch with the county and city Officers.  And, if that isn't enough, I know that the Lord will have guardian angels watching over it...besides, He knows them that are His and He watches out for them.  My home is an answer to my prayers and I believe that He will take care of it.  :o) 

No comments: