August 1, 2012

How Great Is His Goodness!

It has been a few days since I posted much of anything.  But this morning, I am so overwhelmed with the goodness of God this morning.  Romans 8:28 comes to my mind, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."  I have noticed over the past several weeks that when I began to acknowledge and accept the calling that God has for my life that He has shown me over and over that He is working for me.  It has boosted my faith greatly. 

In Ezekiel 34:26 it talks about "showers of blessing".  That is how I feel today.  He has showered down blessing after blessing on us.  Yeah, we still have our trials and troubles just like any one else.  But, I always have something to be thankful for in my life.  

Psalm 31:19 (NIRV) says, "How great your goodness is! You have stored it up for those who have respect for you. While other people watch, you give it to those who run to you for safety."   Someone recently told us that the reason we are so blessing is that we are Children of God.  One thing I have learned to do over the years is trust God no matter how things seem to be to me.  Because what I see on the outside is not necessarily what is "working behind the scenes".  God has a reason and purpose for every trials we have gone through and will go through.  But, through it all, I tell myself that HE is in control and I can trust His judgement for my life.  

Then there is Psalm 23:6 (KJV), "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."   I recently told someone that living for God is the only place for me.  There is no other option in my opinion. I believe that when we make that sort of commitment that God will bless us for it.   

Like it says several time sin Psalm 107, "Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!"   God has been so GOOD to our family. So, I just want to give a "shout out" of  thankfulness and give Him all the glory, honor and praise for the many blessings in my life! ♥

No comments: