August 20, 2012

Got Trials? Worship!


Job 1:20-22, "Then Job arose , and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, and said , Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave , and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.  In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly."

Job had just been hit with a series of devastating, tragic events.  And as a symbolism of his great sorrow, he tore his garment and he shaved his head.  Then, he fell down to the ground and did something that most of us wouldn't even think of doing in a time of sorrow.  He worshipped.  He began to praise God for all he had been given, even if it had been taken away.  And, in spite of everything, He did not blame God.  

This is something that God has laid on my heart over the last few weeks.  What a difference it would make in our trials if we would begin to have the same mindset!  Job still grieved over his losses...but he made sure He continued to give God the praise.  Job understood one concept...at all times, God is in control.  I have tried to apply this over the last few weeks.  And, in every trial that came my way, God came through in such amazing ways.  It has reaffirmed to me even more that when I completely trust Him, He works things out.  

I am SO thankful that I know in whom I believe and that He is able to complete the task ahead of me.  I am thankful that I am more important to Him than the sparrows.  He is a great & mighty God! ♥ 


No comments: