August 28, 2012

Before you speak: THINK

~ I saw this saying on Facebook this morning and thought I'd share it.  Over and over in scripture, we read about the importance of the words that comes from our mouths.  We've heard it said that words can hurt or they can heal.  I want to take time to think before I speak.  I want to be an encourager.  I want the words I say to others to add value to their lives.  I want to make a difference in the lives around me.  ♥ 

Psalm  19:14, "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer ."

Philippians 4:8, "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Luke 6:45, "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh."

Colossians 4:6, "Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."

Proverbs 8:8, "All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them."

Ecclesiastes 9:17, "The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools."


No comments: