July 19, 2012

Rich Blessings

John 1:16 (KJV),  "And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace."  I also like how the New Living Translation words this verse, "We have all benefited from the rich blessings he brought to us -- one gracious blessing after another."  No matter how tough my trials may seem to be to me, I can always find blessings He has brought me. 

When I am faced with tough times, I may not be thankful for the particular situation, but I like to think of something that I am thankful for in my life.  Because a attitude of thanksgiving can create an atmosphere of praise and praise can lead us to victory over so many things.  I like what Ephesians 5:19-20 (KJV) says, "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."  I do not have enough fingers and toes to count the many times that I have started singing praises and hymns in times of adversity.  Praise is like a key that unlocks the door to victory in any situation we face.  

Philippians 4:6 (KJV) says, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."  Don't worry or fret over things.  But, in everything that you face go to God in prayer, seeking an answer.  AND, with thanksgiving let your request be made know to Him.  Once again there is the concept of giving thanks.  A good example of this is this:  While we were on vacation, my husband's place of employment sold his take home car.  We depended on that often considering that we have only one family vehicle.  When I first heard about it on our way home from vacation, I said, "Lord, you know what you are doing."   Once we got home, we were told that it would probably be a while until he was able to get another one.  So, I began to pray.  I prayed, "Lord, we really could use that take home car.  Getting up to take him to work at 4:30 and 5 a.m. is tough.  Especially on days that we need the truck to go to church.  And, Lord, the kids and I do not want to miss church because that is so important to us.  And, what is important to us is important to you.  So, Lord I am asking that you provide a take home car for him."  I began to thank God every day for it and believed that it was in HIS hands.  Within a weeks time he was given a new take home car.  I believe that an attitude of thankfulness can make a difference in any situation and in our prayers also.  

I am SO thankful of the rich blessings He has brought to us...one gracious, beautiful blessing after another.  ♥

No comments: