July 17, 2012

Lord, unbutton my lips!

This has always been one of my favorite verse to pray:  Psalm 51:10 (NIRV), "God, create a pure heart in me. Give me a new spirit that is faithful to you."  And, this morning I read verse 15, "Lord, open my lips so that I can speak. Then my mouth will praise you."  What awesome encouraging things to pray!

I do want to have a purified and cleansed heart.  I also want to have a renewed mind and disposition that is firmly established in the ways of God and one that is faithful to Him in all ways.  

But, verse 15 really speaks something to me.  I want to be able to open my lips not only to speak praise to Him but also OF HIM.  Speaking in front of people does not come easy for me.  Speaking one on one with a person is no problem.  But, stick me in front of a group of people and my mind and lips get a broken connection somewhere along the way.  Lol.  I also like how The Message translation puts it, "Unbutton my lips, dear God; I'll let loose with your praise."  Sometimes, fear buttons my lips tight and the thoughts can't escape out to the intended recipient.  I want to add this to my prayers.  Lord, unbutton my lips so that I can let loose the praises of you to others.  When you speak things to my heart, help me to relay them to those that are in need of encouragement.  ♥

No comments: