September 4, 2013

What I want is....

Colossians 1:9-11, (NIRV) "...We have been asking God to fill you with the knowledge of what he wants. We pray that he will give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. We pray that you will lead a life that is worthy of the Lord. We pray that you will please him in every way. So we want you to bear fruit in every good thing you do. We want you to grow to know God better. We want you to be very strong, in keeping with his glorious power. We want you to be patient. Never give up. Be joyful."

This is my prayer today. I want to know HIS will for my life. I want the spiritual wisdom & understanding that I need to face various situations. I want everything that I do to please & honor Him. I want the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) to be present in my every day life. I want to grow to know Him more and more with each passing day. I want to be strong enough to keep walking in His glorious power. I want to be able to endure things WITHOUT complaining. I do not ever want give up on Him. And last, but certainly not least, I want to be joyful.

 Maybe it seems like a long list of "I wants". But, I do not want to become complacent. I do not want to be stuck in a rut. Or spinning my wheels and not going anywhere. I want to be all I can be for Him and make a difference in the lives around me. I am definitely not perfect. I make my share of mistakes. But, I will, with HIS help, keep striving to be what I need to be.

No comments: