June 18, 2013

Refocusing...

Sometimes life can get crazy.  Lately, I have felt like a yo-yo on a short string.  But, I know that God has a reason for everything that we go through and I totally trust Him.  On my "down days" I try to fill my heart and mind with encouraging thoughts, the Word of God and uplifting praise music.   That really can do wonders for a person's day.  It takes getting your mind off of the problems and frustrations and on to Jesus.  This is not always easy to do.  But, when we get in the habit of setting our mind on Him and His great works, our day begins to take on a new meaning and direction.

Colossians 3:2 (KJV) says, "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."  And the Message Translation says, "Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ - that's where the action is. See things from his perspective."  

I often remind myself of scriptures like these.  Reminding myself that I need to focus my heart and mind on God.  I don't need to have tunnel vision, only seeing the problems and frustrations in front of me.  But, I need to shift my attention and gaze up to Him, the author & finisher of my faith. ♥

 

No comments: