May 11, 2013

Standard of Grace...


A standard, as used in this sentence, is defined as an insignia or coat of arms.  It is used to identify a person as to which family he or she belongs to.

Grace, in this verse, means to be capable of yielding joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness,  good will, loving-kindness, and grace of speech.  

I do not want to try to be perfect.  Because that is something that is unattainable.  BUT, these things i CAN do:
Joy & Pleasure - "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Psalm 16:11  ~ In HIS presence I have joy and at His right hand or powerful hand I have pleasures or satisfaction that lasts forever.  

Delight - "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."  Psalm 37:4-5 ~ When I strive to please HIM, he'll give me the desires of my heart according to HIS will.  And, when I commit my ways  my behavior and manner of life, to HIM...He will bring to great things to pass in my life.  

Sweetness - "The wise in heart shall be called prudent : and the sweetness of the lips increaseth learning." Proverbs 16:21  ~ The words that exit my mouth should be pleasant, courteous, full of kindness and love.

Charm & Loveliness (Beauty) - "Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness."  Psalm 29:2  ~ The is a beautiful aura about a lady of God who dresses and conducts herself in a holy & modest manner.  

Good Will & Loving-kindness - "And be ye kind one to another , tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."  Ephesians 4:32 ~ This is self explanatory.  Jesus was our example.  So act in a way that portrays Him.

Grace of Speech - "Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6   ~ Salt can season and add flavor to almost anything.  Our speech should be seasoned with grace.  The Message translation puts it this way: "Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not put them down, not cut them out."

Just a few things to help me remember what God expects out of me.  More than ever before, I want my light to shine brightly for HIM! 



No comments: