March 7, 2013

Eyes forward and quit looking back.

Philippians 3:13, MSG, "Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward - to Jesus." I read something this morning that said, "God put eyes in the front of our head for a reason...quit looking back!" Too often we want to look back but in the process we take our eyes off of God and then start to lose our footing. We must keep our eyes on Him and anytime we need that extra encouragement, reach back...don't look back...but reach back and grab a hold of a past victory and use that to help push forward in this race of life. Hebrews 10:32, NIRV, says, "Remember those earlier days after you received the light. At that time you stood firm in a great struggle. You did it even in the face of suffering." Reach back and remember those victories you had. How God helped you through. How He lifted you up. How He healed you. How He strengthened you and gave your the peace you needed. Grab a hold of that past victory, and with your eyes still on the goal, keep running forward!

No comments: