November 12, 2016

It's Not About Who Voted For... It's A Heart Issue

Luke 6:45 (NLT), "A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart."

It amazes me to see all the things people are saying about each other since the election.  It reminds me of a bunch of 2-year-olds throwing tantrums.  It's like who you voted for now makes you either hateful, sexist or a racist.  Let's forget who the person was before the election.  What is up with people?!  That is the big question going around.  

Like the scripture says, what is in a person's heart comes out their mouth.  It's not about whether you voted for Clinton or Trump... it's a heart issue!  And, if you are thinking I'm wrong... look in the mirror.  Why do you think good people are all of sudden radiating with hate and racism because they voted for the candidate you didn't?   If a person was good in their heart before the election, who they voted for doesn't change that!  Whoever is sitting at the desk in the oval office doesn't make a person hateful or racist!  It is what in a person's heart that makes them that way.  All of the rioting and protesting is a result of what is in their hearts... not because of who they support.

I am the same person I was November 7th, before the election.  I put it in the hands of God and trusted that whoever became president was who He ALLOWED to become president.  He STILL sits on the throne, people!  He IS in control, whether you want to believe it or not.  Who is president doesn't change me as a person... except for the fact that no matter who became president I was determined to pray more and seek God and His will more.  Whoever became president was irrelevant to who I was and who I'm striving to be.  My life is centered around God... not the president.

Before I step off of my soapbox I want to say this... no matter who is president, it is the responsibility of ANY Christian to pray for the leadership of our country!  Whether you support them or not.  They need your prayers.  You try being the leader of a country that is so divided and confused and see how you do.  You try unifying them and making the country great again.  Could you do it?  Maybe but maybe not.  Can Trump do it?  Only time will tell.  But, America spoke. He is our President-Elect.  Be the person God expects you to be... Pray for Him.  

No comments: