June 26, 2012

If He Leads You, He'll Keep You

"You can be assured that anywhere God leads you, He is able to keep you."  ~ Joyce Meyers


Reading that reminded me of the old chorus, "Where He leads me I will follow, where He leads me I will follow, where He leads me I will follow; and I’ll go with Him, with Him, all the way."  I am thankful that no matter comes across the path that lies He is leading me.  Like it says in Job 23:10, "But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold."  He may lead me through a test, but if I trust Him and remain focused on Him, I will come through it shiny as gold.  


In Psalm 23:3, it says, "He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."  I noticed that this verse contains two parts.  1) He restores my soul and 2) He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.  They really go hand in hand.  The word restore in this verse means "to turn back, to return and to refresh".   Sometimes I allow the cares of this life to lead me off the path a little bit. (We've all been there.)   And, I need to be restored to the right path so that I can keep moving forward in the plan He has for my life.  I also like how the Hebrew Lexicon defines righteousness, "righteousness, victory and prosperity".   He stores me to righteousness, victory & prosperity in Him.  


I am thankful that no matter what I face or how big the adversity may seem to be to me, if He led me to that point then He can keep or preserve, maintain and bless me.  He has been so faithful to me.  And, His arm is not too short that He is unable to restore me. ♥


No comments: